photos made in november 2014
part of ongoing book project
The history of the 6th Cavalary Regiment can be traced back to 1709. Today, the unit is located in Braga, north of Portugal, and equipped with the modern Pandur II armoured vehicle. Peacekeeping missions have been around since the late 1990s but in 2015 the men and women of Braga faced their biggest challenge to date with two simultaneous deployments abroad. While a battalion-size force operated from Kosovo, a reconnaisance company was sent to Lithuania as part of NATO assurance measures in the East of Europe.